Blaenau Ffestiniog in North Wales is a popular holiday destination for those who want to spend time in the fresh air and get some exercise. There are plenty of opportunities for outdoor pursuits in this area and hundreds of people take this opportunity every year.
In the majority of cases the health benefits of this sort of exercise far outweigh any risks that may be involved in the activity but in a handful of cases, an accident occurs that was not the injured person’s fault.
If this was to occur in the Blaenau Ffestiniog area it would be referred to as a personal injury compensation claim. This is where the injured person makes a compensation claim from the person or organisation that was at fault for the accident in which they were injured.
Apportioning blame or establishing who was at fault is crucially important in personal injury compensation claim cases as this is the person that will be paying the compensation. An experienced law firm like Accident Advice Helpline will be experts at achieving this and will know exactly what information will be required to do it.
You can be to ‘blame’ in a personal injury lawyer in Blaenau Ffestiniog compensation claim case because of something that you did or did not do. Here are some examples:
Apportioning blame in personal injury cases
Some outdoor pursuit activities can be dangerous if the risks are not carefully communicated and controlled. Here are some precautions that may need to be adopted in order to avoid accidents and in order to avoid becoming involved in a personal injury compensation claim case.
- The activity will need to be thoroughly risk assessed – what can go wrong and how likely is that to happen? Then the safety procedures to stop it going wrong will have to be put in place.
- The safety equipment that is provided must be appropriate and suitable and there must be enough of it. It must fit the people that are participating in the activity and it must be put on properly. Regular inspections have to be made to make sure that the equipment is not broken or damaged in any way. Defective equipment must be immediately removed and replaced.
- Training is absolutely vital. Firstly, all employees must be thoroughly trained in health and safety precautions and in how to use the equipment. They must also know the emergency procedures to follow should something go wrong.
- The people participating in the activity must also receive instruction in what they can and cannot do. Some people may not be able to participate at all due to their height, weight or medical conditions. They should receive written information about this.
- Risk assessments need to be updated on a regular basis and after any incident which may have resulted in the injury of a staff member or a member of the public.
Looking for a lawyer in Blaenau Ffestiniog?
Accident Advice Helpline’s in-house legal team includes a local personal injury lawyer in Blaenau Ffestiniog, who works in-house for us. So if you need a personal injury lawyer in Blaenau Ffestiniog, look no further than our expert service.
So for free, no-obligation legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.