After an accident, life changes. Depending on how severe your injuries are, this could be in the short term or longer term. It could even change the rest of your life. If you weren’t responsible for the accident, but someone else was, then it is only fair that you receive some compensation for the effects it will have on your day to day living. Our lawyer in Betws-y-Coed can help you.
That’s why it’s vital that you consider whether you would like to make a claim for compensation. Accident Advice Helpline can help you make that decision. We can also assist with finding the right lawyer in Betws-y-Coed to fight your cause if you decide you need to take matters further.
Making contact with us
The first thing you should do is get in touch with us. We can advise you on whether you have a good case. The kinds of questions we will ask are:
- Was your accident within the last three years? This is usually the time limit for applying for compensation. There are differences in some cases – you may, for example, have longer to claim if you find you are suffering from an industrial disease.
- Did your accident result in you having to receive medical treatment? This is usually a condition of claiming.
- Was another individual, a company or other authority responsible for causing your accident? This could be through simple carelessness. It could be negligence. Or a criminal act may have been committed.
We can also give you an indication of how much compensation a lawyer in Betws-y-Coed may be able to claim on your behalf. This amount is not guaranteed, though. The amount of compensation you receive if your case is successful will take into account your personal circumstances and factors such as how long it will take you to recover from your injuries and how your injuries have affected your life. For example:
- Have you been prevented from working for a short or lengthy period?
- Has your home life been affected? Do you need help looking after your children or carrying out household chores?
The more your life has changed as a result of the accident, the more you can expect to receive. Your lawyer in Betws-y-Coed will be able to advise in detail as to how much you should claim.
Ready to get in touch?
If you think you may have a case, it’s vital you make contact with us as soon as possible to give you the best chance of claiming within the time limit. It’s easy to get in touch. Our helpline is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. So you can contact us any time. We are here to help support you with a specialist lawyer in Betws-y-Coed.
- Call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 – or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile;
- Text ‘claim365’ to 88010; or
- Try the 30 second test on our website, http://www.accidentadvicehelpline.co.uk/30-second-test.
Date Published: 13th January 2014
Author: David Brown