In the Aberdeenshire region of Scotland lies the burgh of Ballater. It’s known for its proximity to the Cairngorm Mountains which is popular with hikers and for being part of the area known as Royal Deeside. Ballater is known as this because the British Royal Family have come here during the summer for holidays since the reign of Queen Victoria. The Royal Family usually attends the Braemar Games but Ballater has its own Highland Games in August as well.
Highland games celebrate Scottish and Celtic culture and particular aspects of the games have become symbols of Scottish culture such as bagpipes, the kilt and the caber toss. There are many attractions and activities at the Games that include:
- Heavy sporting events are considered the main focus of the Games and include the caber toss, stone put, Scottish hammer throw and Sheaf (bundle of straw) toss
- The caber toss where a pole or log is hoisted upright by the competitor and tossed end over end
- Massing of the pipe bands where 20 or more pipe bands play together to open and close the Games with traditional songs
- Clan tents who sell Scottish related goods and souvenirs
- Traditional Scottish food and drink
If you have an injury or accident in Ballater then contact Accident Advice Helpline to receive the help of a lawyer in Ballater.
Can you receive compensation with help from a lawyer in Ballater?
If you are injured and are supported by a lawyer in Ballater you are likely to receive compensation if:
- The injury was caused by someone else
- You required medical treatment for your injury
- The injury occurred within the last 3 years
If your injury meets these conditions then you have a good chance of receiving compensation and need the help of a lawyer in Ballater.
How do you make a compensation claim?
To start your claim, call Accident Advice Helpline at any time or day on 0800 689 0500. You can also contact us on your mobile at 0333 500 0993. One of our friendly, professional advisors will answer any questions you have and treat your matters with the utmost confidentiality. Our advisers will help you to find out if you qualify for compensation and can estimate how much you may receive in compensation using Accident Advice Helpline’s 30-second test.
If you qualify for compensation then you need a lawyer in Ballater and may not even need to attend court. Most of our claims are processed over the phone so don’t hesitate to give us a call.