Law Firm in Wychavon

solicitors law attorneys office library.

Making a Complaint to the Local Council, and Finding a Law Firm to Claim Compensation

If you have had an accident, or have some other problem with your local council, it may seem like a huge undertaking to take them to court, or even just simply to complain. Many people feel that local councils are almost untouchable, as it can take weeks or even months for them to respond to correspondence and in a lot of cases they will do their best to either ignore you or brush the matter off until you give up. However, persistence is key in most of these cases, and if you are strong about your complaint you should be able to get the response that you want.

  • Write down the incident. As soon as you get home, write down everything you remember about the incident, including the moments leading up to it and what happened afterwards. Having a very clear recollection of what happened to you and why you feel that this was down to the council will make you account more legitimate.
  • Take photos. If there is a visual representation of what happened, such as broken paving slabs and photos of your injuries, take these photos as soon as you can. You can attach these images to your complaint to provide further evidence of what happened.
  • Find out who to contact. The last thing you want to do when making a complaint is to just send your complaint through to a main building, where it can be passed off to different departments until it is lost. Find out who exactly you should address your complaint to by calling up and asking, or looking online.
  • Write your complaint down. Instead of making a phone call, which cannot be proved later on, write everything down in your complaint, send it recorded delivery and keep a copy of your complaint for yourself.

Finding a Law Firm in Wychavon

It may be useful to get a law firm in Wychavon involved in your complaint or a compensation claim. If the council won’t listen to you, they are far more likely to respond to a law firm in Wychavon as once legal proceedings begin they have to give you a reply. You may find that you get a much faster response if you go through a law firm in Wychavon.

If you cannot find a law firm in Wychavon which you are comfortable with, try calling the Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 to speak to the team about what has happened to you and why you feel that you are entitled to compensation. If the helpline agrees with you, they can help you to start a compensation claim there and then.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )