How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Law firm in Wrexham

    When to report an accident on the street and how to find a law firm to claim compensation

    If you have had a serious accident on the street, it may be tempting to ignore it and go and get treated by a doctor without making any further complaint. This is because many people feel that the street is a place which is not necessarily ‘owned’ by anyone, making it difficult to know where to complain or who to claim compensation against. However, the streets are meant to be maintained by the local council, and if there is a problem which is causing accidents they need to know about it sooner rather than later, so that the problem can be fixed and so that there are no further accidents. Report it in these circumstances:

    • If the problem is ongoing. If you have fallen over on streets which are badly cracked and broken, and this is an ongoing problem that you have noticed for many weeks before your accident, then you need to make a complaint as soon as possible so that the problem will be fixed.
    • If you feel others are in danger. If you believe that the same thing that happened to you may happen to other people in the future, if the problem is not remedied, then let the council know. If another accident does happen and they have ignored your complaint, you may have a stronger case against them.
    • If you can assign fault. In some cases, an accident will really be no one’s fault, and just down to an erroneous set of circumstances. You can only really make a complaint if you are sure that you have evidence to prove that someone was at fault.
    • If something criminal has happened. If there were criminal circumstances leading up to an accident, you need to report the accident to the police and give a statement to help them to prevent the same thing happening again.

    Claiming compensation with a law firm in Wrexham

    You can use a law firm in Wrexham to make a claim for compensation against your local council if you feel that an accident was their fault. A law firm in Wrexham will be able to support you through a claim to make the claims process easier on you, and should also be able to put together a case which has a better chance of being successful.

    If you don’t want to go through a law firm in Wrexham, call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to speak to the team about making a claim, and find out whether you have a good case for compensation or not. If you do, then the team will work on your behalf to process your claim, so that you shouldn’t have to go to court.

    Date Published: 13th July 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.