How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Law firm in Warwickshire

    Dealing with substance abuse in others and how to claim compensation using a law firm to help you

    It may take time to realise that someone you are close to has a substance abuse problem. many people with these types of problems have become experts in hiding their addictions and problems, to the point where their lives may actually seem to be going very well, with no cause for concern.

    But if you do realise that someone close to you is struggling with a substance abuse problem, one of the best things you can do for them is to be available, and help them as much as you can to beat their issues.

    • Bring it up. There is no way that you can get help for your loved one if you cannot get them to open up with you about their issues. Try to stay calm and be as careful as possible, as those with substance abuse issues can be very secretive, but do try to make an environment where they feel comfortable talking to you about the issue.
    • Speak to a doctor. If you cannot get your loved one to go to a doctor on their own, you could try going to a doctor on their behalf and talking over the problem. The doctor can give you information to help you through the next steps in getting help for your loved one.
    • Don’t harp on about it. One of the ways in which you may alienate your loved one and stop them confiding in you is if you bring up the problem constantly. Try to sustain a normal relationship with them as well as offering them advice on the issue.
    • Don’t contribute. Don’t lend your loved one money when you think it may be spent on alcohol or drugs. Don’t let them do these things in your home, or go with them and partake yourself when they are on a binge.

    Getting the help of a law firm in Warwickshire, or Accident Advice Helpline

    If you feel that a loved one has been led into a substance abuse problem by an accident or trauma which was not their fault, you may want to speak to a law firm in Warwickshire about making a compensation claim on their behalf. It is worth speaking to a law firm in Warwickshire on this issue as this will give you a much better idea of how likely it is that a claim will be successful.

    Instead of a law firm in Warwickshire you may also wish to contact Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, where a friendly, helpful team can provide more information on the claims process and let you know whether you have a good case or not. If you do then you can be passed over to an in house experienced injury lawyer to make a start on the claim, but you are also under no obligation to do so.

    Date Published: 11th July 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.