If you have contracted an industrial illness or disease, you may be able to make a compensation claim, with the help of our law firm for North Tyneside.
There are many causes of industrial illnesses and diseases and many types of the conditions, if you contract one of these, all of which your employer should endeavor to protect you from.
The causes of industrial illnesses or diseases that could mean you use our law firm for North Tyneside
There are many situations that can cause these conditions, just some of them being:
- Constant use of vibrating tools
- Excessive use of a keyboard
- Exposure to chemicals or dangerous substances
- Having to twist and turn your body in awkward positions
- Heavy lifting without proper training how to lift
- Constant exposure to loud noise
These are the most common of the problems that cause industrial conditions and consequently, victims using our law firm in North Tyneside to make compensation claims.
The illnesses and diseases that may be caused
The list of industrial illnesses and diseases is endless but some of the most common ones are:Open Claim Calculator
- Dermatitis – a skin problem
- Vibration white finger or carpal tunnel syndrome – these are different injuries to the hand or wrist, both caused by the constant and prolonged use of vibrating tools or keyboards
- Repetitive strain injury – this is caused by constantly using muscles in movements that are not normal for them, and puts them under stress
- Back injuries – heavy lifting usually causes these problems. There is a correct way, and a wrong way, to lift heavy goods and you should have proper training in how to do the lifting
- Asbestos related diseases – asbestos is a very cheap and flexible material was used extensively in the construction and shipbuilding industries in the second half of the last century. It is made up of millions of fibres that as long as they stay together are safe. Unfortunately, as soon as you start to move asbestos the fibres turn to dust and float in the air, being inhaled by anyone anywhere near to it. These dust particles settle in the lining of the lungs, and sometimes as much as 40 years alter, create diseases such as lung cancer and asbestosis.
- Industrial Deafness – this is caused by prolonged exposure to loud noise. The employer should do their best to reduce the noise level and if this is not enough, provide ear protection for the employee.
Making an industrial injury claim
If you contract an industrial illness or disease, or have an accident of any sort in which you are injured, and the accident is no fault of your own, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline to make your injury claim.
There is a 30-second test on our website that will give you some guidance as to the amount of compensation you may be awarded.
Or you can call our helpline on freephone number 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone. The trained advisers will be happy to discuss your accident and resulting injuries, and if you wish to proceed will start the processes of your claim.