How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Law firm in North Lanarkshire

    How to subsidise sick pay, and find a law firm to help you make compensation claims.

    Sick pay is offered in the UK to any full time employee who has to take time off work due to an injury or illness which means that they are unable to work. This money will help you to pay for your living expenses whilst you are unable to attend your regular job, and can also help with things like medical bills.

    However, sick pay is often not as much as your normal wage, and if you are living close to your means this can mean that you struggle with money during this time. There are various ways, either through a law firm in North Lanarkshire, Government help or even on your own, that you can subsidise this pay.

    • Work from home. Instead of taking sick pay from your company, ask if you can instead work from home until you are recovered. Your employer may actually prefer this idea as then they only have to pay for one person to do the job, and you already know what you are doing.
    • Take on another job. If you can find a small part-time job you can do from home, such as writing or graphic design, this can help to subsidise what you are getting from your employer in sick pay.
    • Sell your possessions. Most people have a number of possessions in their home which they do not want and haven’t gotten around to getting rid of. You can try selling these online for a little extra cash.
    • Look into Employment and Support Allowance. For those who are signed off work by their doctor, Employment and Support Allowance is available and can help to keep you afloat financially.

    How to claim compensation with a law firm in North Lanarkshire

    If you are looking for a law firm in North Lanarkshire which can help you to make compensation claims, if you have had an accident which was not your fault, leading to injury, then you must be careful.

    You need to get advice before you find the best law firm in North Lanarkshire for you, so that you are able to decide what process you want to go through, and know how you should be treated.

    Before you look for a law firm in North Lanarkshire, call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone. The friendly, helpful team will be happy to talk to you about your accident and the compensation claims process, before passing you over to our experienced injury lawyers who can work on your claim on a 100% ‘no win, no fee’ basis. These lawyers will also work entirely on your behalf, so you shouldn’t have to go to court.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: 5th July 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.