If you think a member of the medical profession has treated you incorrectly, you may be entitled to make a medical negligence claim using a law firm in Newham to help you. Most of them will have professional indemnity insurance to cover such claims.
When you visit someone in the medical profession, you will do so because you are already unwell or injured. What you have to be able to prove for a compensation claim is that his or her treatment of you made your illness or injury worse, or created a new problem for you. Normally, an insurance company looks for more than a 50% probability that this was the case, before they agree to settle a claim.
This is usually achieved by obtaining reports from specialists on your particular problem. If they say you should have been treated differently, the medical professional will have a case to answer, and a claim can be made to their insurance company.
Find out if our law firm in Newham can help with a medical negligence claim
If you are unsure whether or not you have a valid claim for medical negligence, you will be able to explain to our law firm in Newham what you think went wrong, and why you think you were treated wrongly. Common scenarios include the following:
- A general practitioner missed important symptoms and misdiagnosed your problem;
- A dentist pulled the wrong teeth out;
- A practice nurse completed a test incorrectly, causing flawed results;
- An optician messed up laser eye surgery, which can affect your sight;
- A pharmacist gave you the wrong medication, or the wrong dose of the right medicine;
- A hospital completed the wrong operation, thinking you were someone else;
- A care home did not take care, letting you fall out of bed;
- A therapist gave you the wrong advice; and
- A dietician told you to eat the wrong food, to which you had an allergic reaction.
We are lucky in the UK that our medical professionals are more highly trained and make less mistakes than in a lot of other countries, but this does not mean you should not claim compensation if you are wrongly treated by one of them.
Making a medical negligence claim with Accident Advice Helpline
Medical negligence claims are among the most complicated and stressful of all personal injury claims. You need someone with experience and expertise for your claim to have a good chance of success — you need Accident Advice Helpline.
Our helpline, 0800 180 4123, is open 24/7 for victims to call and get all the advice and information they may need about making a medical negligence claim from our friendly and compassionate advisors. We will not put you under any pressure, and you will have no obligation to carry on with a claim — that choice will be yours.
As we work on a no win no fee* basis, you will not need any money to start your claim, and you will not need any money if your claim is not won.
Date Published: 27th July 2014