At least some of the 3 million accidents that happen each year in the UK will involve victims who were not at fault. Many may sustain injuries which require medical attention because of someone else. For various reasons, only three out of ten victims will actually make a claim for compensation, although in reality they all should.
There are various reasons given to our law firm in Newcastle under Lyme for not making a claim, all of them common misconceptions. Some of these arise because of out-of-date information, and others because victims listen to people who only know some of the facts.
If they actually contact our law firm in Newcastle under Lyme, most of them make the claim once they realise how easy it is for them, and that they have no financial outlay to make.
The reasons given for not claiming
There are several reasons why victims say they have not bothered to make a claim. The most common ones are:
- It is too complicated – For the inexperienced victim, it probably would be. For a specialist law firm such as Accident Advice Helpline, it is a simple and quick process that we do every day, and we endeavour to make it simple, quick, and efficient for the victim as well.
- They don’t want to deal with the big boys – We are used to dealing with the large organisations that are usually at the other end of a claim; they present no problem to us at all.
- It takes too long – The injury claim timescale can vary greatly, but it is only exceptional cases which take years; most take nowhere near that long. There have been cases in which blame has been accepted, compensation agreed, and the cheque awarded within just six weeks of first making the personal injury claim.
- I cannot afford it – We operate on a no win no fee* basis. In fact, 98% of personal injury claims are done this way. You pay no money to start the claim and no money if your claim is lost. The option of making a personal injury claim is there for everyone, no matter what his or her financial situation is.
- It is not worth the effort – Victims often say this until they complete the 30-second test on our website. When they see how much the estimate of their compensation is, that often convinces them to proceed with the claim.
These are just a few of the more common reasons reasons why victims do not make a claim after they have been injured in an accident that was not their fault.
Call our freephone helpline to start your claim
If you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, if the injuries were severe enough to need medical attention, and it happened with the last three years, you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim, and that’s what you should do. Call our freephone helpline on 0800 180 4123, and a friendly advisor will let you know all the information you need to proceed with a personal injury claim.