Law firm in Dolgellau
With so many motorbikes on our roads it is inevitable there will be accidents. If a biker is injured in an accident that was not their fault, they maybe able to make a personal injury claim using the services of injury solicitors Dolgellau. There are many things that can cause bikers to be in an accident, just a few of them being:
- Bad road surfaces
- Oil or mud on the road
- Other road vehicles
It does not really matter what caused the accident, as long as it was not the bikers fault, they may be able to make a personal injury compensation claim.
Using a law firm in Dolgellau to look at the injuries that can result from motorbike accidents
There are many hundreds of injuries you could sustain in a motorbike accident, some of the more common ones are:
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Burns from the engine
- Head and brain injuries
- Bikers arm- this is where the motorbike falls onto the biker and crushes the arm
- Road rash – this is where the biker slides along the road losing skin or flesh from their body
- Back and spinal injuries
The biker has very little protection compared to a car driver, which is why they are 40 times more likely to die in an accident than a car driver. Most of the injuries sustained in a motorbike accident are at the least life changing, if not life threatening. If the biker does lose their life, the family would be able to make a fatal injury claim. Hopefully, though they will survive and then it will be necessary to consider their future.
Making a personal injury compensation claim
When preparing to make their personal injury claim the rider will have to consider how the future has been changed by the accident and include in their claim:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of earnings – they may not be able to return to work
- Care costs – if they are no longer able to carry out every day tasks for themselves
- Anxiety, stress and depression
- Replacement of damaged equipment and accessories – although the biker may never ride again, they should still be compensated for the value of leathers, helmet etc.
- Extra medical costs
- The cost of someone carrying out jobs for them that they would have done in the past themselves – DIY for example.
- Adapting the home – ramps may be needed if the injuries severely damaged the legs and they are no longer able to walk
- Any other costs that is as the result of the accident
Making a motorbike personal injury compensation claim
Accident Advice Helpline will handle the claim for them and ensure they are hassled as little as possible while maximising the compensation they receive.
We will ensure that every area of their life is looked and accounted for but keep the whole process simple, quick and efficient, with the help of our expert law firm in Dolgellau.
Our helpline is available all day every day for any one that has had an accident of any sort, just call 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 (mobile) and speak to one of our advisers. Remember, our law firm in Dolgellau is here to help you.
Date Published: 14th December 2013
Author: David Brown