Shower safety, and when to find a law firm in Adur
Although showering is something you do every day without thinking about, there are certain guidelines it is worth following, whether you are in the shower at home in Adur, or away. If you get hurt when showering through no fault of your own you may need the services of a law firm in Adur to help you with claiming personal injury compensation.
Bathrooms can be one of the most dangerous rooms in the house because of the water aspect and the fact that there are generally smooth and slippery floors, plus lots of sharp edges. The last thing you want to do is slip and fall in the shower, or have another kind of accident in the bathroom, so here are some tips on making this room a little bit safer:
- Use non-slip mats. The most common type of shower accident is slipping and falling. With all of the hard surfaces around this can be very dangerous, so it is helpful for you to have non-slip mats both in the shower and on the bathroom floor to protect you from this.
- Don’t have the shower too hot. A very hot shower or bath can cause your blood pressure to rise, which can make you feel dizzy or faint. If you pass out in the bathroom, you could easily hit your head or break a bone.
- Watch out for slippery shower gels. Shower gel spilled onto the floor or any surface can lead to slips and falls. Make sure that you watch out for any spills, and clean them up right away if you do notice any.
- Have bars in the shower. Rails or bars in the shower offer you something to hold onto as you get in and out of the bath or shower. For people with limited mobility these are a must, but they will also be very helpful even if you are able-bodied.
- Avoid sharp edges. If you are designing your bathroom, try to go for curved edges rather than sharp ones. Choose fixtures which are smooth and cover sharp edges.
Making Accident Advice Helpline your law firm in Adur
If you have had an accident in someone else’s bathroom or shower, you may be able to use a law firm in Adur to make a claim for compensation. Your injury solicitors however, will need to prove that the accident was the fault of someone else, so you want a top firm with good reviews and recommendations.
Although not physically based in Adur, Accident Advice Helpline has over 15-years experience with personal injury compensation claims. Our state-of-the-art website and our national helpline can be accessed from anywhere here in the UK.
Our team of in-house lawyers is made up of highly qualified and experienced professionals, and we will bring all of that to bear to help you with your claim, on a no-win, no-fee* basis. To access our helpline, call:
- 0800 689 0500 if you are calling using a landline
- 0333 500 0993 if you are calling using a mobile
Call us today to discuss how best to proceed with your potential claim.