How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Carlisle law firm

    If you have fallen heavily while shopping because a spillage had not been cleaned up and there were no warning signs around it, you may need to know more about how the services of a Carlisle law firm could help you. The reason for this is that proprietors of shops and managers of shopping centres have a duty of care towards their customers. This includes floors being kept clean and safe or, at the least, dangerous areas cordoned off and signposted until the floor has been appropriately cleaned.

    Subsequently, if an area of flooring is left in a slippery condition without warnings signs and you injure yourself, you may be able to claim compensation for your injuries. It is worth noting, however, if you fall because you are roller skating through the store, you probably would not be able to claim compensation for your fall.

    To claim compensation, it has to be proven that your accident was due to a third party acting negligently. There are certain steps that you can take to help provide the evidence that this is the case. You can try to take a photograph of the area where the accident took place.

    Hopefully, you will be able to demonstrate that there were no warning signs in place and also that the floor was wet or greasy. If anyone witnesses your accident, you should try to get them to provide an eye witness statement. The nearer to the time of the accident date that you get this, the better.

    How could a Carlisle law firm help you

    After you have had medical attention, you need to get the help of an expert. The best way to do this is to telephone Accident Advice Helpline as we are a law firm that specialises in personal injury compensation. Making this enquiry does not mean that you have to go ahead with a claim. In fact, if you qualify, you decide if you wish to proceed.

    Open Claim Calculator

    A no win no fee basis

    Finding out if you do qualify could not be easier. A friendly professional advisor will guide you through a 30 second test which will also provide you with an estimate of what your claim might be worth. Furthermore, all our lawyers operate on a no win no fee basis which we find is most beneficial to our clients. The reason for this is that is means you do not pay to start a claim off and you do not get left with a hefty legal bill if the claim is unsuccessful.

    To find out how a Carlisle law firm can help you to get the compensation that you deserve, you should ring Accident Advice Helpline now on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993.

    Date Published: 1st August 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.