The best way to track down a law firm in Bromley who can help you to claim compensation for an incident of elder abuse, is to go online and use the power of the internet. There will be many solicitors to choose from, so you’ll have to compare their service offers carefully to make sure you choose the best. The first thing to look for is a solicitor that offers a ‘no win, no fee’ service.
Elder abuse in the UK
Elder abuse incorporates both actions that are intended to harm as well as those that cause harm unintentionally. This also includes acts of omission such as negligence.
Elders who may be at risk
Any elderly person relying on someone else, either emotionally, psychologically or physically, is potentially at risk. This form of abuse takes place in residential care homes, nursing homes, hospitals, and even in the victims’ own homes. Perpetrators of elder abuse are often workers in the care industry, but can also include members of the family, friends and neighbours, and strangers.
The people most at risk in their own homes include:
- Anyone who is socially isolated
- Anyone who has an illness that weakens their memory
- Anyone who has an illness that makes it difficult to communicate
- Anyone who is in a poor relationship with their carer
- Anyone who provides their carer with some sort of benefit
- Anyone who has a carer suffering from drug, or alcohol abuse
The many forms of Elder Abuse
There is no set format to Elder abuse. It can take many forms, and may be a temporary, or a permanent situation. Elder abuse can consist of:
- Physical abuse, enacted through striking the victim in some way; inappropriately restraining the victim; inappropriately dispensing medication; and inadequate management of prescriptions.
- Psychological abuse via threats, leaving victims isolated, or preventing access to people who could otherwise advise or help the victim.
- Financial abuse, including perpetrating fraud, manipulating wills, and interfering with financial transactions
- Neglect by simply not doing what is necessary to keep the victim clean, warm, and well fed.
Does your law firm in Bromley measure up?
If you’re looking for a law firm in Bromley regarding Elder abuse, you can use the range of services that we offer at Accident Advice Helpline as a template to see if the solicitor you’re considering using, measures up. Look for someone who offers:
- A ‘no win, no fee’ service. At Accident Advice Helpline, our’s is recommended by Esther Rantzen
- An free, online compensation calculator – the HOW MUCH calculator on our website takes only 30 seconds to give you an estimate
- Comprehensive customer support – Accident Advice Helpline’s customer support is the envy of the industry
- Free 24/7 helpline – Accident Advice Helpline’s freephone can be accessed on 0800 689 0500 from landlines, or 0333 500 0993 from mobiles