Are you looking for a Barrow-in-Furness law firm? If so here are some tips to make sure the person you find offers you the best possible chance of winning justice for your claim.
Finding a Barrow-in-Furness law firm
The first thing to do is to look at whether you can or cannot make a claim for compensation. To do this, you need to look at what the law says, and measure your situation against several key pieces of criteria.
1. Was the accident your fault? Where there is blame there’s a claim, so the saying goes. If the accident was not your fault and you can identify whose fault it was, then they should owe you compensation.
2. Time: there is a three-year limit on all compensation claims in this country. This means that after an injury, you have three years to decide whether or not you want to make a claim. If you wait longer than that, then no matter how good your case might be, you will not be able to make a claim.
3. The severity of the injury: In general terms, you won’t be able to claim unless your injury required medical treatment of some sort. That’s because you can only claim for those injuries which have had a measurably negative affect on your life. That doesn’t necessarily mean you’re only looking at life threatening situations, but as long as it impaired your life in some way, then a claim will be appropriate.
Assessing the options
So, if you’ve answered all those questions then your next task is to decide what Barrow-in-Furness law firm you should choose. Again there are a list of questions you should be asking yourself.
1. Are they legit? There are plenty of law firms out there, but not all of them offer a decent service. Make sure they are accredited by an organisation such as The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers or the Law Society before deciding whether or not to choose them.
2. Can they help with your type of claim? Personal injury law can be complex. That is why, if you’re looking for a Barrow-in-Furness law firm, you need someone who has experience in your type of situation. Otherwise, you will harm your chances of winning and will probably not receive as much compensation as you deserve.
3. How much will they charge? Money worries are one of the major things people worry about when making a claim for a personal injury. So it’s a good idea to make sure you get the most affordable option. At Accident Advice Helpline, we work on the basis of no-win, no-fee, which minimises any financial risk to you.
So if you’re looking to find a Barrow-in-Furness law firm, you can start by calling Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 (landline), or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone. Our initial advice is free.