Victim of a rear end shunt accident? Don’t wait forever! Start your claim for compensation today!
Rear end shunts are one of the most common types of road traffic accidents that can occur on our busy roads. Infact, the majority of rear end shunts happen at junctions and roundabouts where the speed of traffic is reducing and the flow of traffic may be busier.
However, it isn’t just the location of a rear end shunt that can be a factor in an accident occurring. The time of day that an accident occurs is also relevant to the number of rear end shunts that may happen, resulting in painful and debilitating injuries being sustained. Incidents of rear end shunts may increase:
- During the hours of dusk when there is a higher flow of traffic on the roads
- Commuters returning home from work
- Peak flow of heavy goods vehicles on ring roads
- On dual carriageways and motorways where there is a faster flow of one way traffic
What exactly is a rear end shunt accident?
A rear end shunt accident occurs when one vehicle accidentally runs into the back (rear) of the vehicle in front. This can cause multiple collisions if the traffic in front is at a stand still; such as at red lights or at a junction.
These types of accident may happen due to:
- Vehicles travelling at excessive speeds for the road conditions and traffic flow, causing them to brake too late
- Insufficient stopping distances between vehicles in front leading to collisions
- Driving recklessly or dangerously
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driving a vehicle which develops a mechanical failure such as steering or brakes
Injuries caused by rear end shunts
Rear end shunt injuries may be serious and can even be life threatening:
- Soft tissue injuries such as muscular, ligament or tendon damage
- Crush injuries
- Internal injury
- Bleeding and lacerations
- Broken, fractured or dislocated bones
- Neck injury
- Head injury
- Facial injury
- Brain injury
- Fatal injury
Make the call to make the claim with our Knowsley law firm!
To find out quickly and reliably, if you are eligible to pursue a personal injury compensation claim using Accident Advice Helpline’s Knowsley law firm, just call their helpful team of advisers on their telephone helpline.
Whenever it is convenient for you to call, the Knowsley law firm’s team of dedicated advisers can offer you the no obligation advice that you require, in order for you to decide if proceeding with a claim is right for you and your circumstances.
Should you choose to go ahead, then the Knowsley law firm’s injury solicitors can ensure that your claim is processed on a no win no fee basis on your behalf with accountability and integrity.
Date Published: 21st July 2014