If you are injured in an accident at work that was not your fault, you could be entitled to make a Kirklees accident at work claim for compensation, but unless your employer admits they were to blame, you may need evidence to build a case against them.
The evidence you may need for your Kirklees accident at work claim
You may need to gather evidence for your Kirklees accident at work claim to be successful and Accident Advice Helpline will do all they can to help you build your case. There are things that can help, such as:
- Photos of the accident scene – most people have a mobile phone these days, and most mobile phones have a camera facility. It is therefore easier than ever to get photos of the accident scene, and if you are too badly injured to, ask your workmates if any of them took photos.
- Witnesses – in a work environment, it is highly likely that someone saw the accident happen. Ask if they are prepared to make a witness statement and, if they are, get their contact details to pass on to Accident Advice Helpline. If they are concerned they might be jeopardising their job by helping you, put their mind at rest. It is illegal for an employer to treat the victim or witnesses badly, or they could find themselves facing an employment tribunal as well as a Kirklees accident at work claim.
- Accident reports – for some accidents at work, the Health and Safety Executive have to be informed they have happened and, if they are involved, they will compile an accident report. These reports often point the finger of blame, and if this is towards your employer, it could be vital evidence from an official government body, which can only help your claim.
- Accident book – every business has to keep an accident book in which all accidents are recorded. This can show if similar accidents have happened before and your boss has done nothing to prevent it happening again.
- Medical reports – you will have to prove your injuries and this is best achieved by medical reports from whoever treated you.
How to make you Kirklees accident at work claim
Once you think you have everything you need for your personal injury claim, call Accident Advice Helpline to start your personal injury claim. Over the last 14 years, we have helped many thousands of victims who were injured in accidents at work, as well as countless others injured in all types of accidents that were not their own fault.
We have a freephone helpline where you can speak to friendly and helpful advisor’s who will help you establish if you qualify to make a claim. They will answer any questions you may have, and give you free legal advice that is relevant to your circumstances. Not only is the advice free of charge, but it is free of any obligation as well and we will respect your wishes if you decide not to proceed with a personal injury claim.