It can be surprising what accidents come under the heading of a Kingston Upon Hull accident at work claim, some of them being in a bit of a grey area as to if they are an accident at work, or some other type of accident. But whichever it is, the same basic rules apply to them all:
- The accident must not have been your own fault
- You must have sustained injuries that needed medical attention
- The accident must have happened no more than three years ago
Accidents that a Kingston Upon Hull accident at work claim, or other type of personal injury claim could be made for
There are some jobs where if you were in an accident, you need good legal advice as to if it is an accident at work against your employer, or a personal injury claim against someone else, such as:
- Road traffic accidents – if your job involves driving and you are injured in a road traffic accident, the type of claim made depends on who was at fault, and how the accident was caused. If there was a fault on your vehicles because your employer had missed one of the regular services, they could be held responsible for your compensation claim.
- Slip, trip and fall accidents – you could work in a supermarket and trip over a basket that has been left in one of the walkways. Who was to blame would depend on who had left it there, but if had been abandoned by a customer, your employer should have ensured it was removed, and because they did not, they could be held responsible for your compensation claim.
- Animal attacks – if you work on a farm that has livestock, a cow could well attack you if she sees you as a threat to her new calf. If you know the cows well you would not be expecting this to happen, but the farmer should know it can. It could be said that it was your own fault for going near the livestock, but the farmer should have kept them away from workers, and they could be held responsible for you compensation claim.
These are just three examples of claims that are not black and white, and needing the right help to make your claim is really important, and exactly the reason you need the help of Accident Advice Helpline to make your Kingston Upon Hull accident at work claim.
Using the ‘no win, no fee*’ services of Accident Advice Helpline
If you have been injured in an accident that was not your own fault, getting in touch with Accident Advice Helpline is the best thing to do. We work on a ‘no win, no fee*’ basis, so you need have no worries about financing you claim, and we will keep the whole process fast, easy and efficient so that you suffer as little stress as possible from making your personal injury compensation claim.
Call Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no obligation advice about making a claim.