When an employee is making a King’s Lynn and West Norfolk accident at work claim, it is often because their employer has been negligent towards health and safety matters. It is a legal requirement that employers safeguard your well being while you are in the work place, and if they do not comply with this law, they may have to face a Kings Lynn and West Norfolk accident at work claim.
How your employer could avoid facing a King’s Lynn and West Norfolk accident at work claim
There are many things employers can do to reduce the risk of accidents at work, but the requirements are different for each trade or profession. That is no excuse for your employer not complying though, as the government make all the information they need readily available on the very user friendly Health and Safety Executive website.
If they just take the time to find out what laws apply to them, and then put them in place, their employers will be in a safer working environment, and they could save themselves from having to face an accident at work claim.
How an employee can avoid making a King’s Lynn and West Norfolk accident at work claim
Employees need to play their part in health and safety matters as well, they should:
- Make sure they know, and comply with, the health and safety policy of their employer
- Report any faults on plant and equipment, and not use it until it has been repaired.
- Employees legally cannot be disciplined for refusing to use faulty plant and equipment.
- Report any hazards they spot immediately to their employer. If the employer fails to remedy the situation, they can report the problem to the Health and Safety Executive, who will make sure it is dealt with.
- Wear any protective clothing the employer provides, it might not be the prettiest of apparel, but it could save you from a serious injury, or maybe even save your life.
- Do nothing that will endanger themselves or anyone else.
Employers and employees working together
Health and safety matters are something that employers and employees should work together on, working against one another for these issues can only increase the possibility of someone being injured through no fault of their own. This can lead to months of pain and suffering for the injured party, and lost production and man hours for the employer.Open Claim Calculator
Making a personal injury claim
If you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, whether that was at work or anywhere else, get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline to get the best legal representation for your compensation claim.
We have helped many innocent victims to get the compensation they were entitled to over the last 14 years, and we will be very happy to help you in the same way. Call Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no obligation advice about making a claim.