Kilwinning no win no fee*


What is the treatment for a punctured lung?

A punctured lung can happen in several ways. It can be due to medical negligence, during a different operation (usually on the lungs). It can also happen during a fight or assault, particularly if it involves knives or guns. It can also happen during car accidents and sometimes other accidents too.

If you have broken your ribs during a fall, the sharp ends of the broken rib may puncture your lung or damage other organs too. A punctured lung can also occur due to infection or illness, for example lung cancer.

If your lung has been punctured, you will have difficulty breathing and may faint and feel pain in the area. There will probably be some damage to your ribs or the skin in the area too. You need to go straight to a hospital, as although you will not instantly die from a punctured lung, if left untreated you will struggle to breathe.

What will happen at the hospital?

The hospital will give you oxygen, and will then insert a tube through the side of your ribs to help them re-inflate so that breathing can continue normally. This can give the chance for the lung to heal itself. If the lung does not heal within a short time, an operation may be necessary. It may also be possible to heal the lung with medical procedures that do not involve an operation.

You will not be able to work if you have a punctured lung because you are likely to feel very weak and may need to either stay in hospital or go there for regular check-ups.

How can Accident Advice Helpline help?

If you have suffered a punctured lung through accident or medical negligence our Kilwinning no win no fee* solicitors can help you.

They will help you to get compensation for the time you have had to have off work and your loss of wages, and for any other expenses you may have had.

Because we work on a no win no fee* billing system Kilwinning no win no fee* solicitors can help you without the need to worry about the bill.

Phone-based compensation lawyers

Most of our satisfied clients never need to come and visit us in person, or fill in forms, or go to court. We will take some details from you when you call, then our skilled Kilwinning no win no fee* solicitors will get to work behind the scenes to help you to get the maximum compensation possible.

Call our Kilwinning no win no fee* solicitors on 0800 689 0500 and from your mobile 0333 500 0993 to discuss your compensation. We are open 24 hours a day, so ring whenever it’s convenient. There’s no need for appointments or for visits to our office, you can just start your claim on the phone.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )