Dealing with hayfever when driving
One of the worst things about summer for some drivers will be the fact that it starts their hayfever up again. Dealing with hayfever when you are in control of a car can be very frightening, as every sneeze or eye-watering episode takes your eyes and mind off the road for a second, potentially resulting in a Johnstone car accident.
If you still have to use your car in the summer, and are suffering very badly with hayfever, it may irritate you and make you feel as though there is nothing you can do to keep yourself safe. However, you should be able to avoid a Johnstone car accident as long as you do a few simple things.
- Check your medication. Some types of hayfever medication cause drowsiness. The very worst thing you can do before heading out on a long journey is to take drowsy medication as this can cause you to fall asleep at the wheel, or slow your reaction times.
- Keep tissues in the car. Try to keep these within reaching distance just in case you need them. Looking for a tissue with your eyes or nose streaming can cause an accident.
- Close windows and air vents. If you are really suffering, it is better to close the windows and air vents to stop pollen from getting into the car. Even if this makes the car hot, it is safer for you as a driver.
- Vacuum regularly. It is more than worthwhile vacuuming your car on a regular basis during the summer, as this will help to get rid of any pollen that has managed to get into the car.
- Wear sunglasses. This can help to stop your eyes from being irritated, and block out bright sunlight which could aggravate the situation.
Claiming compensation for your Johnstone car accident
If you are involved in a Johnstone car accident and the accident was caused by another driver, you may be able to claim compensation from them for your injuries. You will need to prove that the accident was their fault, and that there was something they could have done to avoid the situation in order to make a claim.
You may also want to find a good personal injury lawyer to handle your claim, as they will know the law better than you, and be able to put together a strong case that has a much better chance of being successful.
Try calling Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 to speak to the team about your Johnstone car accident and find out whether or not you have a good case for compensation. You will be teamed with an experienced personal injury lawyer who can start your claim for you on your behalf, meaning that you shouldn’t have to go to court.Open Claim Calculator