How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Isle of Wight accident at work

    If you have been injured in an Isle of Wight accident at work caused by your employer’s disregard for your health and safety, you will be entitled to bring a claim for compensation through Accident Advice Helpline.

    You must protect your legal position after you Isle of Wight accident at work

    To successful sue for compensation, you will need to prove that your employer was at fault for your accident at work. In practical terms, this means that you should take the following steps immediately following your accident:

    1. Notify your employer and record your accident in their accident book
      Your employer is legally obliged to keep an accident book if they employ ten or more employees at any one time. If there is no accident book, write to your employer and provide them with a full description of the accident and the injuries you have sustained.
    2. Take photos of the site of the accident and any hazards that were involved
      If you are unable to get up and move around, ask a coworker to take photos on your behalf.
    3. Visit a doctor for an assessment of your injuries, even if they only seem relatively minor.If you do not receive timely medical treatment, your employer may accuse you of intentionally exacerbating your injuries.
    4. Check your contract of employment
      If you are likely to be off sick as a result of your injuries, you should receive statutory sick pay, which is payable for up to 28 weeks.
    5. Keep evidence of the losses and expenses you incur as a result of your accident. You will be able to recoup the cost of your lost earnings, travel costs and medical treatment charges from your employer.
    6. Call our Freephone helpline and seek advice from one of the Isle of Wight accident at work specialists.We will carefully document the circumstances surrounding your accident and use our legal knowledge to assess whether you are entitled to make a 100% ‘no win, no fee’ claim for compensation.

    You only have a limited time to make an Isle of Wight accident at work claim

    If you have a valid Isle of Wight accident at work claim, you will only have three years, starting from the date of your accident, in which to instruct us to issue court proceedings against your employer. Three years may seem like a long time, but if your employer denies causing your accident, it may take us months or even years to prove your case.

    Call Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no obligation advice about making a claim.

    Date Published: 17th September 2014

    Author: Jan Newell

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.