Workers who work in ports are well aware of marine and port accidents. With Ipswich being one of the operational Haven ports, the management understands the potential risk of accidents to port workers, visitors or even pedestrians who may then need to make Ipswich injury claims.
Seaports are important facilities for a country’s economy with various goods in very large quantities and people coming and going through them. The working structure of ports means that it is associated with water, air and ground, with a multitude of potential hazards.
What accidents can you claim for in Ipswich injury claims?
- Falls from height
- Objects/cargo falling from above
- Slip, trip and fall accidents from poorly maintained surfaces or/and potential hazards left lying on open walkways
- Faulty equipment – ladders or forklifts, for example
To avoid Ipswich accident claims from being made, the port management should:
- Assign suitable workers for jobs depending on age, state of health and experience, and to ensure they are properly supervised
- Ensure that workers handling cargo are provided with safe and correctly functioning equipment
- Always ensuring that workers comply with the safe working practices of cargo handling to avoid accidents
- Ensure workers are using lifting appliances and lifting gear properly
- Ensure and supervise workers using personal protection equipment
Workers in return should:
- Not remove, alter or interfere with any safety device for their protection or the protection of others or interfere with any method or practice which has been adopted to avoid accidents and injuries
- Report any faulty or defective equipment or any potential hazards to the management
- Work with the management to comply with the safe working practices in place to prevent personal injuries, not only to themselves, but to their colleagues or anyone in the vicinity
If you, as a worker, are involved in an accident that was caused by negligence from the port management and suffer an injury, you can make a personal injury compensation claim. Accident Advice Helpline can help you with making a claim against your employer. We have successfully handled many Ipswich injury claims in the last 15+ years and continue to help our clients in Ipswich.
Our personal injury solicitors, who work exclusively on a no-win, no-fee* basis, will offer you free expert legal advice when you contact us. Our job will be to listen to you attentively, assess your case and determine if you have a valid claim. We may be able to secure maximum compensation for your injury.
Call us if you feel you have a potential personal injury compensation claim case or if you just need legal advice on how to make a claim on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile now.