Cycling is one of the most popular pastimes in the UK, but cycle riders are some of the most vulnerable people on our roads. They are involved in accidents caused by potholes, and by drivers of road vehicles not seeing them in time to stop before hitting them. Often they sustain serious injuries, and many of the innocent victims turn to Accident Advice Helpline to make Ipswich car accident claims.
How cyclists can reduce the risks of accidents and making Ipswich car accident claims
There are things cyclists can do to help reduce the risk of accidents, reduce the risk of serious injury and reduce the risk of making Ipswich car accident claims. They cannot always stop accidents that are caused by someone else, but to try and help stop this happening they can:
- Wear a safety helmet – this is a legal requirement, and the better the quality, the more protection it will give
- Avoid wearing headphones as this can be distracting and mean they cannot hear traffic that they might not be able to see
- Learn the Highway Code so that they know the rules of the road, and make sure they obey them
- Do not ride next to other cyclists unless the road is clear. This can cause drivers difficulty in overtaking, and they could take risks they shouldn’t.
- Wearing something bright to make them more visible to other road users
- They should not hold on to moving vehicles
- Wearing whatever protective clothing they can will help protect their feet and joints
- It is illegal for them to ride on pavements, and they should remember this as pedestrians and animals could easily cause them to fall from their cycle
These are just a few precautions that could help them reduce the risk of being seriously injured in an accident that was not their own fault, but if it is still a situation they find themselves in, they should consider making Ipswich car accident claims for compensation.
Making your Ipswich car accident claims for the compensation you are entitled to
Accident Advice Helpline is a specialist law firm that has been helping innocent victims for over 14 years, and if you need to make a personal injury claim, we are the best option to help you.
Our lawyers are experts in this arm of the law, and will make sure you get a fair deal for you particular circumstances, which can vary greatly from victim tot victim.
Having a chat to our friendly advisers will help you decide if you want to proceed, and if you do we will not ask you for any money to start your claim. We use the ‘no win, no fee’ agreement, and this will take care of the legal fees for your personal injury claim. Call us free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no obligation advice about making a claim.