How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury specialist in Sowerby Bridge

    Injury specialist in Sowerby Bridge

    Are you looking for an injury specialist in Sowerby Bridge? If so, then this handy Q&A can help you find your way through this often complicated minefield.

    Personal injury law is a vast and complicated area with all sorts of uncertainties. Making the wrong choice when selecting a lawyer can lead to many problems down the line. So, what should you know now to ensure you’re forearmed?

    When can I claim?

    You can claim for almost any type of accident, from slips or falls in the street to injuries in the workplace, on the roads or in public places. The two main factors to look at are:

    • Blame – was it someone else’s and not your own?
    • Injury – was the injury serious enough to warrant a claim? In other words, what kind of an impact has it had on your day to day lifestyle? Are you spending money to treat the condition or have you lost money through an inability to work?

    If you can answer ‘yes’ to these two questions, then you will have a very good chance of claiming compensation for your injuries.

    I was hurt four years ago – can I still claim?

    Oh dear, we’re afraid not. Under UK law you can only make a claim for those accidents which happened within the last three years. Anything further away than that and regardless of how good your case might be, you will not be able to make a claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    The other side is contesting blame – what do I do?

    This is quite common. In many cases, the issue of blame and culpability is far from clear cut. The other party may well think they were not at fault, and in some cases may even make a counter claim against you. In such cases, the courts will look carefully at the case and decide whose version of events they find most compelling. In doing this, they will probably rely heavily on independent evidence, such as witness statements.

    Where can I find an injury specialist in Sowerby Bridge?

    There are plenty of lawyers in the Yellow Pages or online. However, a better option might be to enlist the services of some reputable and experienced experts that offer help UK wide. At Accident Advice Helpline we provide honest advice to all of our clients before allocating them one of our experts to take the claim forward if they so wish. All of our lawyers offer a no win no fee service, which is a good way to reassure you that no money is at risk.

    So, call our team on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Alternatively, you could visit for more information.

    Date Published: 4th January 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.