Carbon monoxide is a gas which is released as part of the incomplete burning of certain fuels. These fuels can include wood, coal, oils and gasses and can be present in a multitude of environments including the home and work place.
If you have been exposed to carbon monoxide either at home, on holiday, in a public place or the workplace, then contact Accident Advice Helpline today to speak to one of our injury solicitors in St Monans. We may be able to help you make a claim for financial compensation against the person who is deemed to be liable or responsible for your accident.
To find out how much your claim might be worth take our 30 second test today.
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Carbon monoxide poisoning is the result of being exposed to carbon monoxide. As it is a colourless and odourless gas it is often impossible to detect, unless you have a carbon monoxide detector present.
Many people are not aware that there is carbon monoxide present in their immediate environment until they are suffering from the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
These symptoms can include:
- Shortness of breath and general difficulty breathing
- Abdominal pain
Unfortunately as you will know for yourself and no doubt from experience, some of these symptoms can easily be confused with other ailments. For example, if you had been out drinking the night before and were suffering from a headache, vomiting, abdominal pain, confusion and tiredness you might just assume you had consumed just a little too much of your favourite alcoholic beverage.
Without a carbon monoxide detector you would not even think of carbon monoxide poisoning as being the cause of your ailments and symptom. Unfortunately many people do not recognise the signs, or assume they are indicative of something else, and fail to act.
Our injury solicitors in St Monans are only too well aware that if left untreated and undetected, carbon monoxide poisoning can prove fatal within a matter of minutes.
If you suspect that you have been exposed to carbon monoxide you must immediately get to a well-ventilated area to avoid breathing in any further fumes. This simple action should result in you feeling better almost immediately, but you should still consult the advice of a doctor or other medical professional as quickly as possible. Perhaps calling an ambulance and using the oxygen tanks provided by paramedics to help get oxygen rich blood circulating around your body again.
You should also report the incident to the relevant authorities to ensure that the cause of the carbon monoxide build up can be rectified, and prevented from occurring again.
Injury solicitors St Monans
If you have been the victim of carbon monoxide poisoning you can rely on our injury solicitors to help you win the financial compensation you deserve.
Contact us today on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993 to find out more about the process.
Date Published: 12th January 2014
Author: Clare P
Category: Legal Services
Personal Injury Solicitors in St Monans
Accident Advice Helpline: St Monans
Contact UsPhone: 0800 689 0500
|Monday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|