How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury Solicitors in Prestwich

    Prestwich is a part of Greater Manchester in Lancashire, England. If you are a resident, you may be seeking the services of a firm of injury solicitors in Prestwich in order to file a personal injury compensation claim. You may have been injured in an accident, or a violent crime, or perhaps you have been diagnosed as having an illness which you can prove was the result of another person’s negligence.

    Injury solicitors in Prestwich

    If you have been injured in an accident which you can prove was not your fault, you may have good grounds upon which to base a personal injury compensation claim. A firm of injury solicitors in Prestwich would be able to advise you about this. You can generally have a free first appointment so that you can discuss your potential personal injury compensation claim with injury solicitors in Prestwich, by the end of which the solicitors should be able to tell you whether or not you have a claim to make.

    You usually have three years from the date of your accident in which to file a claim for your injuries. However, if your accident happened at sea, in the air, or at an airport in a country that has signed the Montreal Convention, you only have two years in which to make a claim.

    Another reason for wanting to file a personal injury compensation claim is that you have been diagnosed with an illness which you and your injury solicitors in Prestwich can prove was caused by another person’s negligence. You would have three years in which to make such a claim.

    Victim of a violent crime?

    If you have sustained injuries in an unprovoked act of violence in the UK, you have two years in which to file a claim. You can do this, depending on where the crime took place, either through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) or the Northern Ireland Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme.

    Open Claim Calculator

    You can actually file a claim without the aid of an injury solicitor, but it is advisable to have an experienced criminal injuries solicitor to help you as the claims process can be a long-drawn out one, and it can also be complicated. You can download a form from the websites and fill it in, but you would be advised to consult a solicitor.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you need any help or expert legal advice to proceed with any potential personal injury compensation claim, why not call us at Accident Advice Helpline? You can call one of our freephone numbers at any time, as the lines are permanently open. Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or from a mobile phone call 0333 500 0993. Why not give us a ring now to discover what we may be able to do for you?

    Date Published: 19th February 2014

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.