How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury solicitors in Newnham-on-Severn

    Newnham-on-Severn is the first point at which the Severn Bore can be seen travelling up the river. It is a village in Gloucestershire close to the Forest of Dean. The town is in a precarious position and in January 2014 the Met office issued several severe flood warnings for Newnham-on-Severn. A severe flood warning means that lives could be lost due to the extreme weather conditions. You cannot make a personal injury compensation claim for injuries caused by bad weather, but you can make a claim if you are injured in an accident which you and your injury solicitors Newnham-on-Severn, or ones based elsewhere in the country, can prove was not your fault. If there are no injury solicitors in Newnham-on-Severn, or wherever you live, call us at Accident Advice Helpline and we may be able to put you in touch with an expert injury solicitor.

    Injury solicitors in Newnham-on-Severn

    If you live in Newnham-on-Severn, you may have been diagnosed with an illness which you can prove was caused as a result of another person’s negligence. A firm of injury solicitors in Newnham-on-Severn, or ones based anywhere else in the UK, could help build a case and assist you in making a personal injury compensation claim against the person responsible.

    How long do I have to make a claim?

    If you were injured in an accident that you and your injury solicitors in Newnham-on-Severn, for example, can prove was not your fault, you usually have three years to file a claim, if the accident occurred within Britain. The same is true if you are claiming for an illness caused by another person’s negligence. However, if you were injured in an accident that occurred at sea, in the air or at an airport in a country that has signed the Montreal Convention, you only have two years in which to make your claim.

    You also only have two years to claim for injuries which were sustained in a violent crime. If your attack took place in England, Wales or Scotland, you can claim through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA), or if it occurred in Northern Ireland, you can claim through the Northern Ireland Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme.

    Claiming for injuries sustained in a crime

    If you were injured in a crime, it should have been reported to the police. They will make a report and give you a unique crime reference number, which will need to be available to the CICA if you make a claim. You may receive between £1,000 and £500,000 for injuries, but if they were only minor you cannot claim for them through the CICA.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Although you can, theoretically claim through the CICA without the help of a solicitor, it would be best if you hired an experienced criminal injuries solicitor to assist you as the process can be long and complex.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you need any type of assistance to pursue a potential personal injury compensation claim, call us at Accident Advice Helpline at any time on one of our free phone numbers. Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Why not call for expert legal advice and to discuss your potential compensation claim now?

    Date Published: 2nd February 2014

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.