Man’s Best Friend
The top ten list of breeds of cuddly canines in the UK includes Golden Retrievers, various breeds of Terrier, Border Collies and Spaniels. Dog breeding is big business, and some breeds have temperaments suited for useful roles, such as guide dogs. Dogs trained to work with blind people can be any individual with an affable temperament, and Golden Retrievers, German Shepherds and Labradors are traditionally the most popular.
Commercial dog breeders in Britain are required to have a government-issued licence if they breed more than five litters per year. Unfortunately there are too many “back-street breeders” also, who keep dogs in foul conditions and cause unnecessary suffering. The authorities wage a constant war on these unofficial operators.
A dog is usually a welcome and loving addition to a family, but some breeds are aggressive and unsuitable for a domestic environment. As a rule, it is not a good idea to have a dog in a house with a very young baby, because the dog can get jealous of the baby and harm it. It can be better to wait until the family is older before acquiring the pet.
Top tips for being responsible with your dog
- Humans out and about with their dogs should be considerate of other dogs and their humans.
- Keep your dog on a lead where mandated.
- Don’t allow your dog to foul footpaths and children’s play areas.
- Do the business with the business. Carry the poop-kit with you and use it when your dog has done what it has to do. Dispose of the payload in the red bins which local councils provide for the purpose.
- If your dog is wild, or untrained, or you acquire it as a puppy, take it to socialisation and behaviour classes. You’ll be glad you did.
Injury solicitors in Longham
Are you looking for injury solicitors in Longham because you or a loved one was bitten by an aggressive dog, and required medical treatment for your injuries? If it happened to you, you might want to make a claim for compensation from the owner. You can ask the friendly advisors at Accident Advice Helpline to inform you of the claims process. Call 0800 689 0500 (from your land line) or if calling on a mobile, on 0333 500 0993. The lines are Freephone and they are open 24/7 so you can call at any time. If you would like an advisor to call you back, text “CLAIM365” to 88010.
Longham is a town in Norfolk. To contact injury solicitors in Longham or anywhere in the UK for that matter, call us now.
Date Published: 9th March 2014
Author: David Brown