Accidents at work quite often could be prevented, if some employers took more care with health and safety. Most of them do, but there will always be those that see it as too much trouble, or too costly. It is these employers that put the wellbeing of their employees at risk, and are more likely to hear from injury solicitors in Livingston about a personal injury claim.
It is not just what we consider to be dangerous jobs that result in personal injuries though. Most people would think an office is a safe place to work, but offices come with problems all of their own
- There is usually a lot of electrical equipment that needs to be regularly checked for safety – otherwise an employee could get a nasty electric shock
- The large amount of computers, printers, and other such equipment results in lots of wire. If these are left trailing between desks for instance, someone could trip over them and sustain a serious injury.
- Typists and keyboard workers are prone to one of the most common industrial conditions, carpal tunnel syndrome. The risk of this can be reduced by the use of a wrist rest.
- Photocopiers can affect the sight of the user, if they are used for prolonged periods.
This is just four examples of what can go wrong in an office. Each one, like all other work places, will have its own potential hazards.
Can our injury solicitors in Livingston help with your compensation claim?
To make a claim for any types of accident, you need to comply with certain rules.
- The accident must have been the fault of someone else
- You must have sustained injuries in the accident
- Your injuries must have warranted medical attention
- The accident should have happened no more than three years ago
If this is the situation you fins yourself in, contact Accident Advice Helpline for all the help and support you will need.
Contacting Accident Advice Helpline
To get the help of one of the leading specialist law firms in the UK, all you need to do is get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. You can do this by completing one of our online options, or by calling our helpline. The numbers are 0800 689 0500 from a landline and 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
We have the experience and expertise needed to give your claim its best chance of success, and ensuring you are awarded a fair amount for your circumstances. Do not be one of the many that do not bother to claim. The compensation is yours by right, and you deserve it if someone else has turned your life upside down. Just get in touch today, and find out more about making your personal injury claim.
Date Published: 9th January 2014
Author: David Brown