Dock injury solicitors in Lewes
Were you injured at the dock in Lewes? Are you now seeking compensation for these injuries? Do you wish to speak to injury solicitors in Lewes who are experts in these types of accidents? There are two docking facilities that are present in Lewes; one is the City Dock and the other is the Canalfront Park Marina. Both of these facilities are situated along Front Street, which is located on the south bank of the Lewes and Rehoboth Canal.
Seeking injury solicitors in Lewes?
If you were injured at the dock in Lewes, you can claim compensation for the injuries that you sustained in the following circumstances:
- You were injured due to the fault of some other person;
- You required medical treatment for the injuries you sustained; and
- The accident in which you were injured took place in the last three years.
Tips to help you stay safe at the dock
- Beware of machinery that is lying around unguarded, as it could be dangerous.
- Keep a close watch for chemical splashes, as you do not know what dangerous chemicals might be lying around.
- Look out for debris that is lying around on the floor.
- Keep your eyes peeled for unsecured loads.
- If you are working at the dock, be sure that you have been well trained in dock safety and that all the rules are being enforced at your place of work.
- If you are operating a powered industrial truck, you need to protect people who are passing through the docks by giving them the right of way.
- Beware of sharp corners in the dock area.
- “Dock jumping” should be avoided at all costs, as it can result in very bad injuries to the back, knee, ankles and even the hands.
Injury solicitors in Lewes for dock injuries
Were you injured at the dock in Lewes? Are you seeking compensation for these injuries? Talk to Accident Advice Helpline if you are in need of injury solicitors in Lewes. You can reach these personal injury claim experts by calling 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or from a mobile on 0333 500 0993.
Date Published: 4th January 2014
Author: David Brown