Injury Solicitors Leek Wootton


If you live in Leek Wootton you will be well aware that you won’t find a firm of injury solicitors in Leek Wootton. Even in such a quiet spot, though accidents, injuries and illnesses can occur, and you might find that you are in need of the services of a non-existent firm of injury solicitors in Leek Wootton.

Injury solicitors for Leek Wootton

In general you have three years from the date of an accident, for which you can prove you were not to blame, in which to claim for your injuries. However, as there are some types of accidents and injuries for which you only have two years to file a personal injury compensation claim, you should ascertain how long you have to file your particualr claim. You can find out by contacting a firm of injury solicitors for Leek Wootton or elsewhere, or by calling us at Accident Advice Helpline.

You also have three years from first being diagnosed with an illness which you can prove was caused by another person’s negligence, in which to file a personal injury compensation claim.

Claiming for injuries from a crime

If you have been injured during the course of a crime, you have only two years in which to file a claim through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) if the crime took place in England, Wales or Scotland.

You can download a form to complete from the CICA’s website and fill it in yourself without the need for a solicitor. However, as the claims’ process can be long and complex, you will probably need to hire a criminal injuries solicitor to help you with the claim.

If you are injured in an assault which you did nothing to provoke, and you reported the crime to the police, you may be able to make a successful claim. The police will give you a unique crime reference number and will make a report, both of which you will need to make available to the CICA if you make a claim. You can claim between £1,000 and £500,000 in compensation for your injuries through the CICA.

You can claim compensation even if the criminal(s) were not caught and there was no court case.

If you need to appeal against any decision by the CICA, you would need the help of an experienced criminal injuries solicitor, as you would if you needed to know how much compensation were reasonable for your injuries and the pain, distress and suffering caused to you.

Accident Advice Helpline

If you need expert legal advice and help to file any personal injury compensation claim, call us at Accident Advice Helpline on one of our freephone numbers at any time. Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or, from a mobile, call 0333 500 0993. Why not call now to find out how we may be able to help you?

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )