Have you developed carpal tunnel syndrome, and do you need to make a personal injury claim? Call the injury solicitors in Johnstone
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a painful and debilitating condition which is known to affect people of all ages and backgrounds. Whilst more women than men have been diagnosed with this condition, the reasons for this are still unclear.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is the term given to a condition where the median nerve in the wrist becomes compressed, causing severe pain and lack of movement of the fingers. The carpal tunnel consists of eight small bones and a tough band of fibrous tissue which acts as a pulley to move the fingers. Whilst the exact causes of carpal tunnel syndrome are still uncertain, research into this condition has discovered that certain factors may increase the likelihood of this condition developing in certain individuals.
Are you at risk?
Risk factors which may increase the chances of developing carpal tunnel syndrome have been identified as:
- A family history of carpal tunnel syndrome
- Pregnancy increases the risk by 50%
- A previous wrist injury
- Repetitive and strenuous work with the wrist
- Pre-existing conditions such as diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis.
The symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome
These symptoms may vary according to the individual and may include:
- Severe pain and discomfort in the wrist
- Lack of movement in the fingers
- Changes in sensation in the fingers
- Loss of function.
Treating the condition
Medical advice should be sought to ensure that the condition has been accurately diagnosed and other more serious conditions are ruled out. Once diagnosed, the treatment for this condition may vary from simple rest and painkillers to corticosteroid injections and wrist splints, to alleviate the pain and support the wrist and fingers. Wrist splints are particularly useful at night time, when the condition seems to get worse.
Making your claim a success with injury solicitors in Johnstone
If you have been diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome that was caused through no fault of your own within the last three years, then you may be eligible to make a personal injury compensation claim using Accident Advice Helpline’s injury solicitors in Johnstone.
Why use Accident Advice Helpline?
- Our injury solicitors in Johnstone have in excess of 16 years’ experience of processing personal injury compensation claims
- We are experts in processing claims on behalf of people who have been injured through no fault of their own to claim the compensation that they deserve
- We have a dedicated telephone helpline – 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Our helpful and capable advisers can start your claim over the phone
- We will process your claim on a 100% no win no fee basis.
If you want to discuss your accident in more detail then make sure you get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. Our expert advisers can be reached on 0800 689 0500.
Date Published: 10th January 2014
Author: David Brown