Have you been injured in a workshop-related accident? Seek claims advice from injury solicitors in Jarrow
Workshops are busy, noisy and dangerous environments in which to work, and the incidence of serious accidents can be higher than other manual working environments, despite improvements in health and safety legislation over the last 20 years.
If you have been injured as the result of a workshop-related accident that wasn’t your fault within the last three years, then you may be able to make a personal injury compensation claim using Accident Advice Helpline’s injury solicitors in Jarrow.
The workshop environment
To reduce the number of accidents and injuries in the workshop environment, it is important that measures are taken to protect employees and ensure their health and safety. Here are some examples:
- Employers should provide personal protective equipment to ensure that workers are protected from dangerous chemicals, dust and spills. This equipment should consist of steel toe capped boots or shoes, protective fire retardant overalls, disposable gloves, goggles, ear defenders, and masks.
- All tools and equipment should be replaced in their correct storage location after use. They should be regularly maintained and checked to ensure their safety and durability.
- Any spillages or materials should be promptly cleaned up using the correct cleaning agents.
- Apprentice technicians should be appropriately trained and supervised whilst working, and should not be left unattended in the workshop environment.
- There must be adequate ventilation in the workshop to reduce the level of pollutants and ensure that dangerous gases are removed.
- Chemicals and oils should be disposed of appropriately to ensure that they do not contaminate the environment.
Types of injuries caused through workshop-related accidents
- Slips, trips and falls causing soft tissue injuries such as strains and sprains, torn ligaments and muscular damage. Broken, fractured or dislocated bones can all occur at work.
- Crushing injuries causing internal damage, internal bleeding and broken bones.
- Lacerations and bruising due to falling tools or trapped fingers.
- Head injuries due to head trauma whilst working underneath vehicles.
- Chemical burns due to acidic based compounds causing burns and skin damage.
Making your injury claim using injury solicitors in Jarrow
If you have been the casualty of a work-related accident that wasn’t your fault within the last three years, then you can pursue an injury compensation claim using Accident Advice Helpline’s injury solicitors in Jarrow. This team of helpful and friendly advisers and injury solicitors can ensure that you receive no-obligation and up-to-date advice about making an injury compensation claim using our own injury solicitors in Jarrow.
Call to start your claim over the phone by dialing 0800 689 0500, or alternatively try our unique 30-second online test. Find out today if you can claim with our injury solicitors in Jarrow!