How to file an emotional distress claim – injury solicitors in Horwich
When it comes to compensation claims, filing a claim for emotional distress can be a little more complicated than a physical injury claim. This is because emotional distress is a little more difficult to prove, and the lines are a little blurrier as to how your distress was caused and whether you truly deserve compensation or not. Here are some tips on how to tell whether you have a good case for compensation or not.
- Work out whether physical injury was a factor. It is almost impossible to make a successful emotional distress compensation claim if physical injury was not a factor, as it is just too difficult to prove. Emotional distress may come about because of a physical injury that was caused by someone else, or the behaviour of others towards your physical injury.
- See a doctor. Make sure that you get a full medical assessment which includes details about your mental health and how the emotional distress you have suffered has affected you. Having a legitimate doctors’ report about your condition will help you to prove that you deserve compensation.
- Use injury solicitors in Horwich. Using an injury lawyer will help you to make a more successful claim because they know the law better than you, and will be able to process your claim quickly and more effectively, to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
- File your claim quickly. Most claims will only be accepted if you are within 3 years of the incident. In other cases you may need to file your claim more quickly that that, even, so you should check whether you still have time to make your claim. It is always best to start making your claim as soon as you can after the incident has occurred.
- Consider a settlement. If the other party is willing to pay something out in the way of compensation then think carefully about this and decide to accept the money if the amount is realistic.
Find decent injury solicitors in Horwich
The best way to make a successful emotional distress compensation claim is to use the best possible injury solicitors in Horwich. To find the right injury solicitors for you, call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. The helpline has over 10 years’ experience in the field of personal injury compensation claims, and works with dedicated and experienced injury solicitors to get your claim processed.
The solicitors will work on a 100% no win no fee* basis to get you the compensation you deserve, and you shouldn’t have to go to court. You can call the helpline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to get the advice and support you need, and if the team decide that you have a good enough case for compensation then injury solicitors in Horwich will start to process your claim as soon as possible.