Many accidents happen in warehouses, with government figures showing that only construction sites and farming industries fare worse.
Warehouses can be dangerous places to work; the potential risks for accidents is enormous, and if the employers do not follow all the health and safety regulations then the consequences can be dire. If you work in a warehouse and are injured in an accident that was not your own fault, you may be entitled to claim compensation. The easiest way to do that is to contact injury solicitors in Horsley Lodge at Accident Advice Helpline.
The common problems that cause accidents in warehouses
Just a sample of the problems that can cause warehouse accidents are:
- Falling objects: If something falls or is dropped from height, it does not need to be large to cause a nasty injury. A small object like a screwdriver will gain momentum on its way down, and if it hits someone’s head it can cause untold damage.
- Heavy lifting: UK law says that anyone whose job involves heavy lifting should be given proper training in how to do this without causing themselves an injury.
- Forklift truck accidents: Most warehouses could not function without forklifts, but the employer needs to ensure that only qualified drivers use them.
- Falls from heights: The Work at Height Regulations stipulate that working above floor level should be kept to a minimum, but if workers have to work higher then there should be rails and guards in place to prevent falls.
- Obstructions: Walkways should always be kept free of obstructions, because tripping over something that the victim did not know was there could have awful consequences.
- Spillages: Any spillages should be cleared as soon as possible. Slipping on a liquid and going to the ground with a thud can easily break bones and cause other damage to the victim.
The dangers of working in a warehouse are numerous, and the above are only a few suggestions as to what could happen to cause injuries and the need for a personal injury claim using injury solicitors in Horsley Lodge.
Making a claim using injury solicitors in Horsley Lodge at Accident Advice Helpline
Accident Advice helpline were established in 2000 to help non-fault victims of accidents make personal injury claims, and that is what we have done very successfully ever since. Many thousands of claimants have received the compensation to which they were entitled with our help.
Call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 and speak to one of our friendly advisors. They will provide you with all the information you need to decide if you want to pursue a claim for compensation. Or, try our 30-second online test for guidance to see if your claim is valid, and to get an estimate of how much you might be awarded.
We operate on a no win no fee basis, so no one needs to worry about finding the funds to finance their personal injury claim when they choose to work with us.
Date Published: 10th January 2014
Author: David Brown