Call injury solicitors in Holland Park if you think you may have contracted an industrial disease
All employers have a legal duty to protect the health and safety of their employees while they are at work. This does not just relate to one-off accidents, but also to long-term illnesses and conditions that can be sustained at work. If your employer fails in this duty and you contract an industrial condition because of their negligence, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim, and should be talking to injury solicitors in Holland Park.
The severity of industrial illnesses and diseases varies greatly from carpal tunnel syndrome to lung cancer, which could prove fatal. It doesn’t matter how major or minor the condition is, though — if you became ill because of your job, you may be entitled to claim compensation. Since we were established in 2000, Accident Advice Helpline have helped many sufferers of industrial illnesses, some of the more common problems being:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome (the typists’ disease);
- Hand-arm vibration syndrome (also known as dead finger or vibration white finger);
- Repetitive strain injury, which is caused when the same muscles are used repeatedly for actions they do not normally make;
- Back and spinal injuries, which can be caused by regular heavy lifting without the proper training in the correct way to lift heavy objects;
- Industrial deafness, which is the result of constantly working in excessively loud noise. If the employer cannot reduce the noise levels, they should provide you with ear protectors;
- Dangerous chemicals and substances, which need extra care taken. Every step should be taken to avoid as much exposure as possible to these; and
- Asbestos-related diseases, which are still coming to light even though asbestos was banned in the UK at the end of the last century. The problem with these diseases is that they can take up to 40 years to develop, and it is expected that the number of reported cases will not peak until 2020.
These are just a sample of the industrial illnesses and diseases that occur when employers are negligent, and if one of them has happened to you then injury solicitors in Holland Park at Accident Advice Helpline will be able to help with your claim.
Making an industrial disease injury claim with injury solicitors in Holland Park at Accident Advice Helpline
If you need to make an industrial disease injury claim, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline for the expertise and experience you need for a successful claim.
On our website there is a compensation calculator, which we call the 30-second test. We named it this because that is all it takes to find out if you qualify to make a claim. If you do, it will give you an indication of the amount you may be awarded.
Alternatively, you can contact one of our friendly advisors on 0800 180 4123. They will discuss your illness with you, talk about the necessary procedures and let you decide if you wish to pursue the claim. You will be under no obligation or pressure to do so — the choice will be totally yours.
Date Published: 7th January 2014
Author: David Brown
Category: Legal Services
Personal Injury Solicitors in Holland Park
Accident Advice Helpline: Holland Park
Contact UsPhone: 0800 689 0500
|Monday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|