Prepare for long winter journeys – injury solicitors in Hensol
Travelling long distances in winter has a few more dangers and hazards than a trip in warmer weather. Weather conditions can make the roads more hazardous, and the cold can also make the journey more dangerous for you, especially if you break down. If you are planning a long journey or road trip in the winter then you need to make extra preparations to ensure that you stay as safe as you can.
- Get your car checked by a mechanic. Before any long journey you should perform checks to make sure that your car is up for the journey. But in winter it may be necessary to get the car checked by a professional, to identify any possible problems before they begin.
- Replace old wiper blades. If your wiper blades are old or damaged then they will not clear your windscreen of rain or snow as they should. This leads to decreased visibility and makes it far more likely that you will have an accident in bad weather.
- Make sure your car is always at least half full with petrol. If your car gets low on petrol then you run the risk of the lines freezing in cold weather and this can make a breakdown more likely. Get your tank topped up so that it is full before you begin, and make more stops throughout the journey to top up the petrol levels as you go.
- Inspect your tyres. Tyres which are run down or worn are more likely to lose traction on surfaces that are slippery with ice or rain. Make sure that your car has strong and sturdy tyres that are up to the journey, and replace any which are starting to look shoddy.
- Plan your journey in depth. Instead of simply following the signs, do your research and plan your journey thoroughly before you leave so that you can anticipate any difficult areas, or avoid them altogether.
If you need to use injury solicitors in Hensol
If you have an accident which was not caused by the weather but by another driver, you may want to claim compensation using injury solicitors in Hensol. It is always best to use injury solicitors in Hensol for a compensation claim, as it makes sure that your claim is more likely to be successful, and also offers you the chance to relax during the claims process, knowing that your solicitor is handling the process.
Accident Advice Helpline has over 10 years’ experience in the field of personal injury compensation claims, and works with dedicated and professional injury solicitors in Hensol to process your claim. Just call 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, to speak to the team about your claim, and injury solicitors in Hensol then work on a 100% no win no fee* basis to get you the compensation you deserve.