Good road etiquette – injury solicitors in Henley
Practicing good road etiquette does more than save you from getting into accidents. It also makes you a far better driver, and stops you becoming the target of other people’s road rage. You need to be sensible and respectful on the road, so that other drivers react well to you, and so that you don’t get yourself into dangerous situations. here are some tips on practicing good road etiquette.
- Stick to the rules. Road rules are fairly simple to follow. You need to slow down and stop at traffic lights, understand who has the right of way and give way, and don’t speed. All of these rules are set out to keep you and other road users safe, so it is important that you follow them.
- Never drink and drive. Drinking and driving is a major cause of road accidents, and puts not only your life in danger, but also the lives of the other drivers on the road. Even if you have only had one drink and feel fine to drive, it is not worth doing.
- Be calm and patient. If you are stuck in traffic then this can be very frustrating, but try to understand that it is frustrating for everyone, and that getting angry or impatient doesn’t help anyone. Just stay calm and wait for the traffic to move, as it will eventually do!
- Don’t litter. It is just good manners to keep your litter to yourself and your vehicle, and throw it away when you reach your destination. On top of this if you throw anything out of the window of a moving car you risk causing an accident.
- Be respectful of cyclists and pedestrians. They have just as much right to be on the road as you do, so make sure you let them cross the road and pass around you without making it difficult for them.
How to find good injury solicitors in Henley
If you have been involved in an accident which was not your fault, then you may be able to claim compensation from the driver at fault using injury solicitors in Henley. It is always best to use injury solicitors in Henley to claim compensation as they know the law better than you do, and will be able to put together a good case for compensation that is more likely to be successful.
Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 to speak to a member of the team about your accident. They will help you to decide whether or not you have a good case for compensation and, if you do, injury solicitors in Henley will deal with your claim on a 100% no win no fee basis. You should also find that your lawyer works on your behalf, so you shouldn’t have to go to court, and also offers you regular updates as to the status of your case.
Date Published: 28th December 2013
Author: David Brown