Check your car before a long journey – injury solicitors in Henley-on-Thames
If you are going on a long journey, then you need to check your car more thoroughly than you normally would, to make sure that it is up to the task at hand and that you won’t run into any difficulties later on in your journey. You can get your car checked at a garage, but there are also things you can do at home which are cheaper and offer you a little more assurance that your car is in good working order.
- Make sure you have emergency equipment in your car. Just in case anything does happen on your trip, the first thing to check is that you have emergency equipment in place to keep you safe. This includes a map, a mobile phone, water and food, tools and a spare tyre.
- Check your lights and signals. Make sure that your headlights and brake lights are working, and that your car’s signal lights come on when they need to.
- Wash windows and the windscreen on your car. You may also want to wipe over the mirrors to make sure that you are always getting the sharpest possible view of your surroundings. A blurry window could actually lead to an accident if it prevents you from seeing a hazard coming up in the distance.
- Check your tyres. Make sure that they are fully inflated and not too worn down. Remember than on a long journey you do risk more damage to tyres, so any tyres which are already fairly damaged may end up punctured or flat.
- Get your oil changed. This is not necessary for every long journey you take, but if you are coming up to the time when you would normally get your oil changed then it may be worthwhile doing this before you go, rather than when you return.
When to find injury solicitors in Henley-on-Thames
If you have been involved in an accident with another driver, and you feel that this accident is the other driver’s fault, then you may be able to claim compensation using injury solicitors in Henley-on-Thames. It is always best to use injury solicitors in Henley-on-Thames when making a compensation claim, as they know the law better than you do, and your claim is more likely to be successful.
Accident Advice Helpline works with dedicated and experienced injury solicitors in Henley-on-Thames who work on a 100% no win no fee basis, offering you a great option for making your accident claim. The team work on your behalf, so you shouldn’t have to go to court, and will offer you updates on the status of your case as it progresses, so that you can be sure of what is going on. You can call the helpline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, to get started on your claim.
Date Published: 28th December 2013
Author: David Brown