It is not something you would ever voluntarily want to do, but knowing how to safely jump from a moving vehicle could save your life if you get into an accident or another dangerous situation on the road and need to leave the vehicle before it has stopped moving. You should bear in mind that if you do jump from a moving car, there is a high possibility that you will be badly injured, whether you know how to jump properly or not, so you should never attempt this unless you absolutely have no other choice. Here is how to do it if you feel that you must.
- Look out for a soft landing. Throwing yourself from a moving vehicle onto concrete or tarmac is bound to cause more injuries than if you land on grass or another softer surface. If you have time, keep an eye out for a soft area to land than just on the road itself.
- Pick a spot ahead of the car, bearing in mind that because your car is moving you will land ahead of where you are now, so keep an eye out for obstacles which could injure you.
- Open the car door firmly to make sure that it is not going to try to close on you in the middle of your jump, as this could injure you more badly than just jumping.
- Jump facing towards the back of the car and with your arms held around your chest. This should stop you from sustaining fatal or very serious injuries and will stop you from being run over by your own car after you land.
- Try to keep your head tight against your body and aim your torso at the ground so it takes the brunt of the landing.
When to find injury solicitors in Henfield
If your accident was caused by the negligence of someone else, then you may be able to use injury solicitors Henfield or another legal firm to claim compensation against them. Accident Advice Helpline has years of experience in the field of personal injury compensation claims and provides you with dedicated and experienced injury solicitors.
Although we do not have injury solicitors in Henfield we can still represent you and your claim. This is because we are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need injury solicitors in Henfield look no further than our expert service.
You can call us on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to speak to the friendly, helpful team about your accident. We will help you to decide whether or not you have a good case for compensation and if you do our injury solicitors will work on a 100% no win no fee* basis to get you the compensation you deserve. Your injury solicitors will also work entirely on your behalf, so you shouldn’t have to go to court and you will be kept updated throughout the process so you always know what is going on.