If you have suffered an industrial condition, call injury Solicitors Glossop for advice about making a personal injury claim
All UK employers have a legal duty to protect the health and safety of their employees while they are at work. This does not apply just to one off accidents, but also to long term conditions that can be prevented if the right measures are in place.
If employers fail in this duty, they may well have to face injury solicitors in Glossop when an employee makes a personal injury claim.
Injury solicitors Glossop are aware of the change in the rules
If you have been injured through someone else’s fault or negligence, you have to make your claim within three years of the incident. Industrial conditions are one of the few adjustments to this rule. Many of these conditions can take years to either develop or show themselves, so the victim has three years from the date of diagnosis to contact injury solicitors Glossop for their personal injury claim.
Details of a few industrial conditions
There are many industrial illnesses and conditions, some of them create terminal illnesses. Just a sample of them is:
- Probably one of the worst is illness related to asbestos exposure. Although the worst of this happened in the latter half of the last century, some of the illnesses can take up to 40 years to develop and new cases relating to the exposure are still reported every day. This does not stop new exposure happening because there is still asbestos in buildings, ships and various other places that has not been removed.
- Repetitive Strain Injury is caused when the same muscles are used repeatedly for actions they do not normally make, quite often sustained by users of keyboards.
- Numerous things can cause back and spinal injuries but the most common is regular heavy lifting.
- Industrial Deafness is the result of constantly working in excessively loud noise. The employer should try to reduce the noise level and if they cannot, they should supply ear protectors.
- Wrist and hand problems can be caused by the regular use of vibrating tools. Some of these conditions cannot be cured once you have them.
Accident Advice Helpline will assist with your industrial injury claim
Accident Advice Helpline have the expertise and experience you need for a successful claim. We have been helping claimants get the compensation they deserve since the millennium, many thousands of victims injured in accidents that were not their fault.
On our website, there is a compensation calculator that we call the 30-second test. We named it this because that is all it takes to find out if you qualify to make a claim. If you do, it will give you an estimation of the amount you may be awarded.
Or you can contact one of our friendly advisers on 0800 689 0500. They will discuss your illness with your, talk about the necessary procedures and let you decide if you wish to pursue the claim. You will be under no obligation or pressure to do so, the choice will be totally yours.
Date Published: 22nd December 2013
Author: David Brown