Injury Solicitors Garforth avoiding HS2
Garforth is a town in West Yorkshire. Under proposals released on 28 January 2013, Garforth would see the High Speed 2 railway line built close to the town, running adjacent to the M1 motorway. The High Speed Line would cross the existing railway line close to Thorpe Park to the West of the town.
The HS2 will make a big difference to West Yorkshire, just like it will everywhere else it runs. The countryside will be less quiet and maybe not quite so appealing for the walkers and cyclists that West Yorkshire is currently so popular with.
There will still be plenty of places for cyclists to go all over the country, as the UK’s third most popular pastime, cyclists will not let something like a train stop their enjoyment. Lets just hope none of them are injured in an accident that was not their fault, as they then might need to use the services of injury solicitors in Garforth.
How injury solicitors Garforth can help with your claim
Cyclists are very vulnerable on the roads, they are the only road users that do not have to take a test and they have very little protection; if they are injured in an accident the results can be awful. Injury solicitors in Garforth suggest a few things they can do to try which might reduce the risk of severe injuries, such as:
- Wearing a well fitting, good quality cycling helmet. They should make sure they wear this properly, not on the back of their head, or it will not provide the protection it should.
- Wear kneepads and elbow pads to reduce the risk of injury to these joints.
- Wear something bright or high visibility. The more visible you are the better. Many accidents happen because the cyclist is not seen until it is too late.
- Do not ride along next to another cyclist. If one cyclist falls off because of a pothole or similar, they could take down those that are riding with them.
- Leave enough space when riding passed parked cars for them to open a door and not knock you off your cycle. You may be knocked into the path of a vehicle coming the other way.
- Have a good knowledge of the Highway Code.
- Check your brakes and lights before setting out.
The injuries you may sustain if you come off your cycle
There are numerous injuries that you could sustain, from just a few abrasions to life changing brain damage and even death. If someone else caused this to happen to you, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline to make a personal injury claim.
Making a cycle injury claim
Accident Advice Helpline have helped many thousands of victims get the compensation they were entitled to, in a simple, quick and efficient manner.
We will give you all the help and advice you need when you call our helpline on 0800 689 0500. Or complete our 30-second test to see if you have a valid claim and to find an estimate of how much you may be awarded.
Date Published: 19th December 2013
Author: David Brown
Category: Legal Services
Personal Injury Solicitors in Garforth
Accident Advice Helpline: Garforth
Contact UsPhone: 0800 689 0500
|Monday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|