All accidents are traumatic, but if you sustain a facial injury it can be particularly distressing as they may be so obvious. If the facial injury is some sort of scarring or disfigurement it can totally alter the personality of the victim, they quite often become introvert and lose their social skills because of hiding themselves away.
This is more the reaction of women than men, who are generally awarded more compensation for facial injuries because of it. Male models and actors would be awarded a similar amount to women because of their faces being important to their job.
Injury solicitors in Ganton are very aware that there are many other facial injuries though, such as:
- Broken jaw bone – this can cause the victim trouble eating and talking and quite often needs surgery to pin it back in place.
- Eye socket damage – the problem here is the eye can get pushed too far back in the socket. If this causes the retina to become detached, the victim would lose their sight.
- Broken nose bone – this can cause breathing difficulties and needs immediate attention to stop this happening.
- Dental damage – teeth can be replaced with false ones, but that could put the victim through much pain and stress while it is being dealt with.
These are just a sample of the facial injuries that injury solicitors in Ganton come across on a regular basis, any facial injury that was caused by someone else would mean you are probably entitled to make a personal injury claim.
The compilation of your claim
Your injuries need looking at to see what impact they have had on your life, and all your extra expenses need reclaiming. Your personal injury compensation claim could include:
- Pain and suffering
- Anxiety and stress
- Loss of earnings, past and future
- Cost of care, should you no longer be able to look after yourself
- Replacement of damaged goods
- Medical costs
- Travel costs
- Any other cost or loss that is a direct result of the accident
Making a facial injury claim
The easiest way to make your personal injury compensation claim is to contact Accident Advice Helpline. We have been dealing with claims for over 15 years and in that time have helped many thousands of claimants get the compensation to which they were entitled. Numerous of those have been for facial injuries caused in all sorts of ways.
Our in house solicitors have a wealth of knowledge and experience and will ensure that every area of the affects of your injury is looked into. This way, they can make sure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries.
On our website, there is a compensation calculator that we call the 30 second test. This will let you know if you qualify to make a claim and if you do will give you some indication of the amount involved.
Call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500. Our friendly and professional advisers will guide you through the processes of your claim and then take it out of your hands, only bothering you if it is absolutely necessary.
Date Published: 19th December 2013
Author: David Brown