Have you been knocked off your bike? Do you need help to make a compensation claim? Call the injury solicitors for Eday!
Cycling is an ideal way of exercising whilst exploring the local environment that you live in. Cycle paths and cycle tracks enable cyclists to escape from the congested open roads and go off roading, away from pollution and traffic jams. However, if you need to commute to work through a busy city centre, then you may be forced to resort to cycle lanes on busy roads which can increase your vulnerability.
Cycling in inner cities and rural areas can be dangerous. You may increase the likelihood of being in a collision or fall from your bike, if you choose to cycle on urban or rural roads.
Staying safe in the saddle
There are a number of precautions that you can take to ensure that you reduce the likelihood of being struck off your bike or involved in a collision with other, more robust road users such as lorries and cars.
- Always wear an approved cycling helmet that fits well and is secured appropriately, even on short trips.
- Always wear reflective outer clothing to ensure that you are seen by other road users, particularly in poor weather conditions and poor lighting such as dawn and dusk.
- Always wear appropriate waterproof and windproof clothing that protects your body and legs in the event of a fall.
- Wear sturdy boots or cycling shoes to ensure that your feet don’t slip on the pedals or catch in the chain.
- Conduct regular maintenance on your bike. Check the tyre pressures and condition of the tyres. Check the brakes and gears and oil the chain. Check that the saddle is at the correct height for the rider and that the bell is in working order.
- Ensure that the legal and correct type of lights are fitted and in working order on the front and rear of the bike. They can save your life by being seen and ensuring that you see the road ahead.
Claim for your cycling injury using injury solicitors for Eday
If you have been involved in a cycling accident that wasn’t your fault within the last 3 years’ and sustained an injury as the result, then you can legally make a personal injury compensation claim using Accident Advice Helpline’s injury solicitors for Eday.
The team at Accident Advice Helpline are well established and have over 13 years’ experience in processing personal injury compensation claims for people who have been injured through no fault of their own.
Their injury solicitors for Eday will process your claim on a 100% ‘no win, no fee*’ basis, leaving you free to recover safe in the knowledge that your claim is in expert hands.
Date Published: 17th December 2013
Author: David Brown
Category: Legal Services
Personal Injury Solicitors in Eday
Accident Advice Helpline: Eday
Contact UsPhone: 0800 689 0500
|Monday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|