How to make bruises heal quickly – injury solicitors in Dunblane
Any accident or injury tends to go hand in hand with bruising. Bruising is not dangerous, but it can be quite painful, and unsightly as well. If you have had an accident then it is likely that you would want your bruises to go away as quickly as possible, and although they will go away on their own, bruises can be made to go away much more quickly if you try a few simple tricks.
- Try ice. Icing any injury helps to bring down the swelling and take some of the redness out. With bruising ice will cool the inflamed area and help the blood vessels underneath the skin to constrict so that the bruise is less noticeable. Ice is also a natural anaesthetic, and will help to numb the pain a little.
- Try a warm compress. After the initial icing of the bruise, a warm compress applied to the area will speed up the blood flow and enable the bruise to heal more quickly.
- Rest. Try not to do anything too strenuous after you first sustain the bruise. Bruises are caused by broken blood vessels under the skin, and exercise and strenuous physical activity causes the blood to pump around your body more forcefully. Doing exercise may make the bruise worse.
- Elevate the area. As much as you can, elevate the area that is badly bruised, as this will help the blood to flow away from the bruise so that it can heal more quickly.
- Eat healthily, particularly pineapple. Eating healthily helps your body to heal from any injury more quickly. Pineapple in particular is good for bruising as its enzymes break down the protein that traps blood in your tissues.
If you need injury solicitors in Dunblane
If you have received more serious injuries than just bruising, from an accident which was not your fault, then you may be able to get compensation for your injuries. Accident Advice Helpline has over 10 years’ experience with personal injury compensation claims, and can provide you with injury solicitors Dunblane to work with you on your claim. It is best to use injury solicitors in Dunblane to process a compensation claim, as they know the law well and will be able to represent you and make it more likely that your claim will be successful.
You can call the helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to speak to the team, who will let you know if you have a valid case for compensation, and then pass you over to injury solicitors in Dunblane who can start dealing with your claim. Your compensation case will be handled on your behalf, so you shouldn’t have to go to court, and the helpline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to give you advice and support.