Work out if your ankle is sprained – injury solicitors in Dulverton
If you are having pain in your ankle after an accident or a fall, it is crucial that you work out whether your ankle is sprained, broken or simply twisted. A twisted ankle will heal on its own, as will a sprain, but a broken ankle will require immediate medical treatment. Here are some ways to tell whether you have sprained your ankle and what to do about it.
- Notice the pain in your ankle. Whether you have sudden pain, or pain which builds, you may still be suffering from a sprain. Sprains come in different levels, so you may have mild pain and still be suffering from a sprain.
- Look for swelling. Swelling can be an indication of a break, or a sprain, depending on how bad the swelling is and whether the ankle is simply swollen or also deformed in some way.
- Look for redness and bruising. Both of these will indicate a sprain, and should start to appear soon after your injury. Usually if you suffer a sprain you will know about it from the sudden pain and difficulty walking, so look for these symptoms developing right away.
- Speak to a doctor. With any leg or ankle pain you will want to speak to a doctor to confirm that you do not need any immediate treatment or that you are not suffering from something more serious than you suspect.
- Take painkillers. Ibuprofen will help to bring down swelling and also help with the pain, and you can also try to ice the ankle to bring down the swelling and naturally numb the pain whilst you are taking painkillers. If the pain does not get any better then go back to your doctor.
Finding injury solicitors in Dulverton
If you have had an accident which has led to a sprained ankle then you still may be able to claim compensation if the accident was the fault of someone else. A sprained ankle will still knock you out for a while and stop you from going about your day to day life as normal. This can affect your wages and make life difficult for you, so getting compensation is still possible.
Accident Advice Helpline works with professional and experienced injury solicitors in Dulverton who will be able to process your claim on your behalf, to get you the compensation you deserve. Call the helpline on 0800 689 0500 to speak to the helpful, friendly team about your accident.
They will help you to decide whether you have a good case for compensation or not, and then pass you over to injury solicitors in Dulverton who will start work on your claim. Your injury solicitors in Dulverton will work on a 100% no win, no fee basis to get you the compensation you deserve, and you shouldn’t even have to go to court.
Date Published: 14th December 2013
Author: David Brown