Dealing with a jammed finger – injury solicitors in Dukinfield
Jammed fingers are an impact injury that can happen as a result of playing sports, physical work or even having an accident or a fall. A jammed finger can be very painful and take some time to recover from, making it difficult to get on with your day to day life as easily as before. But there are ways you can deal with a jammed finger, and help it to recover more quickly.
- Check for fractures. An injured finger can be painful enough to make you think that you have broken it, but may just be jammed. If you cannot see any excessive swelling, obvious breaks or dents, or have not heard a snap, then you probably haven’t broken it.
- Take painkillers. Ibuprofen is best for a jammed finger as it reduces swelling as well as pain.
- Ice your finger. This will also help to reduce swelling and pain, and will work when you are not allowed to take any more painkillers if your finger is still hurting you. Ice is a natural anaesthetic and can be applied as and when needed.
- Tape up your fingers. If you tape the injured finger to the finger next to it then this stops it from being injured further and also from moving too much which can be painful.
- Rest the finger and elevate it. This will help the blood to rush away from the site of the injury, and will also help to prevent any more pain that is necessary.
If you need injury solicitors in Dukinfield
If your injury was the result of an accident which was caused by the negligence of someone else then you may want to consider using injury solicitors in Dukinfield to make a claim for compensation. Compensation can help you in a number of ways following an accident or injury.
On a financial level it will help to compensate you for any medical expenses you have incurred, or damage to property. You can use it to pay for treatment that you cannot get for free, or compensate for lost wages if you are unable to work after your injury. Compensation will also help you emotionally as it draws a line under the incident and proves to you that you were in the right, helping you to feel as though your claim is validated.
Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, to speak to the friendly, helpful team about your claim. They will help you to decide whether you have a valid case for compensation or not, and if you do will pass you over to injury solicitors in Dukinfield, who will work with you on a 100% no win, no fee basis to get you the compensation you deserve. Your injury solicitors in Dukinfield will work on your behalf as well, so you shouldn’t have to go to court.