Making injury claims in Little Weighton
There are many situations that make accidents and injuries more likely and there would be a lot less victims if only people would learn to say no to things that put them in danger. You should say no to:
- Your employer when he wants you to do something that is against Health and Safety regulations. They cannot dismiss you for this and if they do you would have a case for unfair dismissal at an Employment Tribunal.
- Your workmates who want you to go to the pub for a drink in your lunch break. You should discourage them as well as being in work under the influence of alcohol is an offence you can be dismissed for as well as comprising the safety of everyone.
- Your employer when they have asked you to work through your breaks, a rested employee is less likely to have an accident.
- Your mate who wants you to get on the back of his motorbike without the proper gear, leathers etc. You are very vulnerable on a motorbike without the proper protection.
- Your doctor when he says go away there is nothing wrong with you, but you still feel ill. Insist on further tests and a second opinion, so that an illness is not missed.
These are just a few examples of the things you should say no to reduce the risks of being injured in an accident. Saying yes could not only mean you are injured, but could also place the blame on your own shoulders so preventing you from making injury claims in Little Weighton.
Claiming injury compensation
Although you may be able to avoid taking unnecessary risks, it isn’t always possible to prevent accidents occurring. If you’ve suffered an injury that wasn’t your fault, you could be eligible to take legal action. If you can make injury claims in Little Weighton, you could receive compensation to reflect the pain and suffering you’ve been through.
However, you’ll only be considered eligible to make a claim if you’ve received medical treatment for your injuries. If you think this applies to you, why not contact us and find out more about making injury claims in Little Weighton today?
Contact Accident Advice Helpline now
At Accident Advice Helpline, we have over 16 years experience in the industry so you can trust us to manage your claim properly. To find out more about obtaining injury compensation today, call us now on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile and we’ll be happy to help.
Date Published: 18th December 2013
Author: David Brown