If you have been inured in a crime you may need the help of injury Solicitors in Dolwyddelan to make a criminal injury claim
If you have been the victim of a violent crime or abuse some time in the last two years, if you needed medical attention and you reported the matter to the police you may be entitled to compensation and we suggest you use injury solicitors Dolwyddelan to help make your claim.
The Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme is government funded to compensate the blameless victims of violent crime and administered by the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). The government realise that no amount of money can fully compensate for the injuries suffered, but they see it has recognition of public sympathy.
Injury solicitors in Dolwyddelan know what payments can be made from the scheme
The payments that are available from the scheme are made on the understanding that the assailant, if you know who they were, does not have the means to pay your compensation.
There are several things you can claim for as part of your criminal injury claim, these are:
- Personal injury following a single incident
- Personal injury following a period of abuse
- Loss of earnings
- Fatal injuries, including loss of parental services and financial dependency
- Funeral payments
- Special expense payments to cover injury related needs which are not free of charge any where else
These form the basis of the amount of compensation you may receive when injury solicitors in Dolwyddelan make your claim.
The criteria for making a criminal injury claim
There are rules you need to fit to be able to make a claim to the CICA, these include:
- You were the direct victim of a violent crime that happened within the last two years
- No blame was attached to you for the incident
- You sustained an injury while taking exceptional and justified risk, while trying to remedy or prevent a crime
- If you sustained a mental injury as a result of witnessing or being involved in the immediate aftermath of an incident in which a loved one has been injured
- If you are the qualifying relative of a victim who has died from injuries caused by a crime of violence
- The incident must have been reported to the police
- You must have helped the police with their enquiries to give them the best possible chance of catching the villain
- You should be a British citizen or a national from an EU state that has a right to be in the UK
Accident Advice Helpline is the best choice to deal with your criminal injury claim
It does not matter if your injuries have been caused in an accident or crime, each case is unique and at Accident Advice Helpline we realise that and treat each claimant accordingly. We will look at every affected area of your life and make sure each one is compensated for.
Call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 and speak to one of our advisers, you will find them friendly and understanding and ready to help all they can. Or complete the 30-second test on our website to get an estimate of how much compensation you might receive.